I am new to the book blogging world and I have met some great people and found that I am in good company with my love of books and desire to share them. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Veronika @ Reading is Dreaming With Your Eyes Open, who is also a new blogger. Thank you so much for thinking of me! This is my first blogger award.
The Liebster Award is a way, mostly for new bloggers, to connect with each other and support one another by nominating blogs which have less than 300 followers.
The rules are:
1. List 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 question asked by whoever nominated you
3. Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers
4. Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees
5. You cannot renominate the blog that nominated you
So…here I go with my lists.
11 Things About Myself:
1. I love to crochet.
2. I love to cook.
3. Wine is another major love of mine. I’m still learning about different kinds of wine, but I do have certain ones that I love.
4. I have a son who is 4 years old who is the center of my world
5. I am currently enrolled in college pursuing my bachelor’s in journalism/public relations.
6. Right now I am slowly working on writing a novel of my own, I haven’t gotten far though.
7. Coffee is my only vice right now. I can’t go a day without it.
8. I quit smoking in March of this year.
9. Most of my friends have moved in the past 3 years or so.
10. I love geocaching!
11. I have a major anxiety problem with clutter.
1. Who is your favorite fictional couple?
Right now I would have to say Celaena and Chaol from the Throne of Glass series. That could change though. I read constantly.
2. What kind of super-power would you choose?
I would chose the ability to fly. I could get everywhere so much easier and faster.
3. Who is/are the person/people whose opinion about your reviews matters to you?
That would be anyone who reads them. I want to know what all of my readers think.
4. When and why did you start blogging?
In April of this year.
5. Do you have a favorite blogger or booktuber?
6. Do you prefer series or stand-alones?
I think I prefer series because I get to stay in the world of the book longer. When I read a book I don’t want it to be over.
7. Which book(s) did you hated the most and why?
I think I hated A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire because it was the sequel to two great books (granted the first was better than the second) and it just ruined the series. It was boring and held nothing for me to enjoy at all. I really wanted to like it to, and that made it that much more of a disappointment.
8. What is the worst thing that can ruin a book for you?
Too much over descriptive, unsolicited sexual encounters. It gets so bad sometimes that it embarrasses me to read it.
9. What book’s cover do you love the most?
I don’t really know, I don’t have one that I love “the most,” but I right now I like the Dorothy Must Die cover. It really makes the book mysterious to me…I have yet to read it though.
10. Have you ever read a book which was a copy of another one? What was it?
I’m not really sure I completely understand this question. Maybe it is that a story is a copy of another story? In that case I think that Throne of Glass is is close to Cinderella. Or there is always every book Gregory Maguire has written just about.
11. Which do you like the most, tv series, movies or books? Why?
Hmm…that is a tough one because I love all forms of media….I don’t think I can answer this one. It would have to be a tie between books and TV series because I can take a book anywhere and get lost in my own bubble and make the story my own with my imagination, but with a TV series I can just zone out and let the story be told to me.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What do you want to get from blogging?
3. What is your favorite book series?
4. What is your favorite book genre?
5. What is your favorite TV or movie adaptation of a book?
6. Do you buy books or do you borrow from your local library?
7. What book do you recommend the most?
8. What book do you wish you hadn’t wasted your time reading?
9. When you don’t like a book you are reading, do you finish it or bear through it?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
11. What is your favorite kind of book to relax with?
Bloggers I Nominated
Cynthia @ Jellyfish Reads
Rain @ Rose Shadow Ink
Alyssa @ Sunrise Avenue
Katelynn @ Literary Chameleon
Makaela @ The Indigo Shelf
Vicki @ Hot Tea and a Good Book
Jennifer @ Books and Swoons
If anyone I’ve nominated has more than 300 followers I am sorry, but you can still participate if you want!